Tuesday, May 18, 2010

An Education [2009]


A young woman learns a lot about love and life when she falls for an older man.

I thought this film was very well directed - well acted - and well pulled off as a whole - my only fault I found with it was I wasn't really interested. It's not like they didn't give you reason to care about the characters and story - as I pointed out it's very well made - it's just a matter of personal preference. It's a coming of age story of a girl who's well ahead of her peers maturity wise due to her parents - but no matter how mature you may be - it doesn't mean that older people can meet your level of maturity.

This falls in one of those categories where I'll probably come back and watch it - and make a real decision on what I really think - but right now it's getting a 4 out of 5 - and that's still pretty damn good.

[directed by Lone Scherfig]

1 comment:

  1. Watch this film a few more times...I'd wager that it ratchets up to a 4.5 or even a 5 in time. Oh - and for a bit more insight into it, give a listen to the Creative Screenwriting podcast episode where Nick Hornby talks about this script.

    ReplyDelete