Saturday, May 22, 2010

Django [1966]

Playing the new Red Dead Redemption - has made me really want to come up with a list of my favorite Westerns to share with you. The problem soon becomes - I dig only a few westerns - and that's either because they are a anti-western or because they lack that certain machismo that turned me off the westerns growing up.

Was never a fan of John Wayne or John Ford - and I never saw the appeal of Kevin Costner - and if I keep going there won't be anything left to pick from for a list. My list would contain 3/5 Clint Eastwood to two parts films directed by Sergio Corbucci - and there's really no point in making and sharing a list like that. So, I'll share this instead...

1 comment:

  1. The westerns I like tend to be the non-traditional ones as well. Robert Altman's McCabe & Mrs Miler, Clint Eastwood's High Plains Drifter, and definitely Django!

    ReplyDelete