Monday, March 1, 2010

Weekend Viewing - Feb 26-28 (part 1)



The Stewardesses [1969, directed by Al Silliman Jr.]


We follow a bunch of sex craved stewardesses as they have sex - in this 3D cult classic.


I typically don’t go for dated sex comedies – but this one had a bit of charm to it and I found it somewhat amusing. There was the LSD trip that made one stewardess want to have sex with a lamp - which I found both bizarre and funny. The whole movie climaxed in a strange murder suicide that made very little sense – but I guess there had to be some kind of climax. I’m giving it a 3 out of 5 for the laughs.




Surrogates [2009, directed by Jonathan Mostow]


Everyone has chosen to experience the world through their robot selves – making the world a safer and sexier place – that is until someone figured out how to kill the operators of the robots.


This film made very little sense when it all boils down to the ending. It obviously tried to make a statement about how people live their lives on the internet more than in person – which I appreciated – but that was about it. At the end I kept shouting at my TV saying “how does this make any sense?” because the plot hinges on one particular thing – and it turns out that this ‘one particular thing’ is being enacted by someone and it just doesn’t add up. I’m giving it a generous 2 out of 5 because of the message and a couple of good action sequences – but the rest sucked.

No comments:

Post a Comment