Saturday, April 2, 2011

Source Code [2011]


A soldier is sent into another man's body - on a doomed train - and given eight minutes to find the explosive and find the bomber - and if he doesn't succeed - the train blows up, the source code will reset and he will have to try again.


I really liked this film - it's not a puzzle movie - it's more of a trial and error build your own story kind of film. It doesn't really expect for you to fully understand the full reasonings as to how it's possible - and it doesn't linger too long on explanations - but provides a good enough one to let you just enjoy the film. I felt that the acting was great by all the leads - each provided an angle that was much needed to ground the film in a humanistic/emotional tale rather than merely a non-feeling run-a-round sci-fi caper. The direction was great - it kept the pacing up - kept you guessing and kept you interested throughout even as questions were answered. I can't name anything I didn't really care for - I guess there's some questions that I have in the total grand scheme of the film - but I think that's what they intended - and I kind of like that.



What I liked the most was the overall feeling of optimism - it could've been a very bleak film - but it wasn't. This is the first film I saw in the theater this year - and I'm giving it full marks - 5 out of 5



directed by Duncan Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment