Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Elizabeth Taylor [1932-2011]


Good morning - sad news to greet you on such a dreary day around my part of the world. Elizabeth Taylor has passed away. I cannot say that I've ever seen a movie that she has been in - or really have cared to - but I do know she's a legend - and was my grandmother's favorite actress. I remember going over to my grandparent's house - which now sits vacant - and looking at her VHS tapes and seeing the stunning beauty of Ms. Taylor starring back at me. She has always been associated with my grandmother because of that - and my movie watching habits had always been influenced by my grandmother. She took us out to see Forrest Gump, E.T., Return of the Jedi, Wayne's World and Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey - as odd and random as that is - but spending time with my grandmother is something that I really miss. Thus, even though I can't claim to be a fan of Elizabeth Taylor - I am a fan of movies - due to my grandmother's love of her.


Thanks for everything, Liz.

2 comments:

  1. You must see some of her movies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm starting to think I should. Do you have a couple picks for me?

    ReplyDelete