Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Star Wars



Despite my issues with George Lucas and all – I found it to be a great experience to show the original 3 Star War films to my girlfriend for the first time ever. We watched the original-original trilogy and she quite liked them – they are universal themes and great popcorn entertainment – so there’s not much to dislike.

My new stance is – if Georgie doesn’t want to release the original-original trilogy on Blu-Ray – good for him. I don’t care. My days of being a Star Wars worshiper are over. My wallet will stay closed for all future Star Wars fun. Georgie released a perfunctory print of the original-original on DVD a few years ago to shut up the fans – and that’s as much I will be shat on by him anymore. But a thought did cross my mind...

If he’s so unhappy with how the original three came out that he felt he needed to constantly “fix” them – why doesn’t he just remake them? Someone will one day – they are remaking Lethal Weapon, Mad Max, Suspira, Wizard of Oz, Arthur – right now! Hell, just about any foreign film that has any merit these days gets remade almost immediately! Why not beat everyone to the punch – create your complete vision – it’s your destiny.

Another thing – this whole Admiral Ackbar “It’s a trap!” joke has gone too far – sick of it – get over it – it’s not that funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment