Wednesday, January 12, 2011

All the Things That Go to Make Heaven and Earth (and my movie collection)


I’ve decided due to a lack of content the last half of 2010 – I would try and at least make some effort in making a meme that will last a while and reward the people who foolishly decide to check out my blog to see if I’ve got anything going on.

The rules are pretty simple – I’ve got to put up a movie from my DVD collection for each letter of the alphabet each week – and since picking just one is tough – I’ve made it two movies one on Tuesday the other on Thursday.

I went into a panic when I got to ‘K’, ‘Q’, ‘Y’ and ‘Z’ – I’ve actually had to go into my box of closet movies, consider purchasing films that had been sitting on my want list, digging through my public domain movie box-sets and scrolling up and down my Netflix ratings list to see if I have strong feelings about a film that begins with that letter. I ruled out going with films that double as MST3K episodes – so if you should see one or two that look MST-ish – just know it’s the real deal.

It’s also very tempting to just pick the same films that I frequently have referenced – which in some cases I do – but I will try not to (but a few favorites will be on the list). As I sketched it out – I found a lot of the same – so I scratched out a few letters and re-picked my selections – though some letters I really have no choice – and some letters I still have no clue.

I think this will be a fun way of looking at my movie collection – it might get others thinking of doing a bit of the same – possibly finding out what on your shelf you would’ve picked – or guessing what next week’s picks will be... I guess I also run the risk of everyone rolling their eyes in embarrassment in knowing me – but hell – it’s been a fun ride... ha ha...

And wouldn’t you know it – there are 26 letters in the alphabet and 52 weeks in the year... That means I can at least push out half a year of content – even if it’s a bit of a cheat.

I promise that I will be inspired from time to time to do a real movie review – or rant about something – or maybe do some more interesting stuff – but lately I’ve found that I don’t have much to say about movies (which I knew would be a risk of committing to a movie blog). So, as a consolation prize – you get to stand in front of my DVD shelf and run your fingers across the spines...

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment